8.18.2012

32 Weeks


How far along? 32 weeks, 5 days.
Baby Size: 4 pounds, 7 ounces (as estimated by the ultrasound Friday)!
Total weight gain: around 26.5 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yep! I'm itching to buy a couple new (non-maternity) tops for fall, but I know I need to wait until baby is here. Please let me know if you have any recommendations for nursing tops!
Stretch marks? Not on my tummy, but I think I may have a couple light ones somewhere else..
Sleep: I've been really grateful that sleep has come pretty easily for me since I know a lot of moms-to-be suffer from insomnia or just being super uncomfortable at night. 
Best moment(s) this week: We started our birthing class this week! We're taking a Bradley Method course, which teaches techniques for successful natural childbirth and trains the husband to be the birthing coach. Our class meets for 3 hours every Tuesday night from now until my due date, and I think we'll be looking forward to it every week! Another highlight this week was my 32 week appointment. Our first ultrasound showed that I had some large placental lakes early on, which can be associated with low growth rate, but our ultrasound yesterday showed that Baby A's growth is right on track! We're so thankful for this great news! Even though it wasn't a 3-D ultrasound, we were able to get a glimpse of her face (so neat!), and we saw some hair too. I have so much love for her already and am getting really eager to meet her!
Miss Anything? I don't think so. I'm not being as strict as I was in the beginning. I have a little mayo every now and then, etc. 
Movement: She's getting hiccups more often now, and I can feel her feet near my ribs when she moves around. On occasion I will feel some movement lower (she's still head down) or way over on my side. 
Food cravings: For some reason, not a whole lot has sounded good this week. We've been pretty busy every night and have been doing quicker meals with whatever is on hand, so I think part of it can be attributed to my lack of (Pin)spiration/menu planning this week. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No.
Gender: Baby girl. 
Labor Signs: No. At my next appointment (36 weeks), the midwife will begin checking to see how I've progressed each week. 
Symptoms: Pretty much the same stuff...B-H contractions some days and a little achey by the end of the day if I'm on my feet a lot. My energy level seems to be pretty normal.
Belly Button in or out? Flat, and the very top is starting to poke out a little.
Wedding rings on or off? On, except for when we go for a long walk in the evening.
Mood: In the beginning I was pretty anxious about labor, but those feelings are beginning to subside as I get more eager to meet our little girl. 
Looking forward to: Celebrating our 1 year anniversary (August 20th), and seeing Matt's family over the next couple of days!

Enjoy the weekend!
+, Lauren Aiken


2 comments:

  1. Look at you!! SO cute. Ooh, happy almost anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did Bradley too!!! Hands down the best prep we could have had for our natural birth! Landon loved being so educated an involved, he tells everyone he could not have been near as helpful without the classes. Enjoy it and good luck!! :)!!!
    Ps you look absolutely wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete